Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hip Dysplasia is still lame


Well, as it turns out the hip saga is not over yet.



See that black line across my pelvic bone on the left side of the x-ray? That's a break in the bone where they made a cut. It had healed, but broke apart 6 months later for unknown reasons.

More surgery in early September. It won't be as difficult as the last surgeries and the recovery shouldn't be as long. 1-2 months on crutches instead of 2-3. The surgeon seems confident it should not be difficult to fix.

Oh well. At least this explains the pain I've been having recently and gives me reason to think that it is fixable! Until surgery I can still do gentle yoga and swim.

My boyfriend, friends, and family are super supportive as always. I still feel like the luckiest hip-dysplasiac ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment