Sunday, December 20, 2009

Photos of helpful and sweet people

My healing continues to go well. I don't have a lot to report. I'm just spending all my days in bed until my Post Op appointment tomorrow, just relaxing.

I'm posting some photos of the wonderful people in my life who have been so helpful and sweet during this whole thing. (In no particular order!) The only person I couldn't find a photo of is Veronica, who made two trips by airplane to look after me for days at a time during my last surgery.



My brother Aaron who was with me for both surgeries, and looked after me for 10 days straight last time around. He is so awesome.

My Mom, Margaret, who flew out to be with me during surgery last time around. It was so good to have her company.





Sean. One of my fantastic dogwalker/personal assistants! He is also my very nurturing personal chef who makes sure I have exactly the food I want.


Miguel, Sean's boyfriend, my other fantastic dogwalker/personal assistant. He is also my Spanish teacher and relationship adviser.



This is me with Fred who is with me now, taking care of me at the hotel. She and I knew each other in 6th grade, lost contact, and then randomly met again in college! In this picture we are wearing costumes and going to a drag performance in SF.



Above is Jack, a good little buddy who helped me with laundry and cleaning several times a week. This guy knows how to properly dote on a lady.



The illustrious Kirsten who helped me with various logistical feats involving electric cords in high places.




Old-friend Amy, (her super-nice husband Issac in the background!) We have been friends since I was 21. She is a therapist by trade and contributed a beautifully grounding guided visualization to help me face painkiller withdrawals last time around. Very sweet and helpful.




New-friend Amy, conversationalist extraordinaire and occasional grocery-shlepper.




My housemate and good old friend Mim, who I have known since age 19. She and her husband Michel let me move in with them for the duration. Thanks guys!



Mim's husband Michel, my other housemate. He makes good donuts.



Above is Val, my ex-boyfriend Jake's mom, with whom I'm still very close friends. She has been with me on the day of surgery for both surgeries. A very comforting presence.



My lovely boyfriend Arshad who has taken responsibility for all of my electronics. He makes sure I have the best and that I can reach the controls for them without leaving my bed. He also gets me out of bed and into nice restaurants, sweetly escorting me everywhere while I glide about on crutches. We were dating throughout my last surgery, but it only recently got "serious." We are very excited about each other. See him below in fashionable hamburger earmuffs.


So cute! Who can blame me for having a giant crush on him.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the pics -- it's nice to get a feeling for your life. And,yes, he's very cute!

    ReplyDelete