Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Second PAO surgery complete!

I just returned from my post op appointment. I got a thumbs up from the doctor to fly home tomorrow evening. My surgery appears to be very successful so far. They were able to create good angles for my hip joints on both sides. I'll be on crutches for the next 8-10 weeks or so, with a series of upcoming post-op appointments to confirm that the bones are healing properly. Physical therapy is not usually prescribed during recovery. Once the joint is corrected normal exercise and stretching provides the necessary rehab. In a year or so I'll be able to have the screws removed once the bones have fused.

I am through the worst of it. From here things will just get easier and easier. I am so happy with the success of the surgeries and the support of my wonderful team. I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment