Monday, September 21, 2009

In the hotel

I've been comfortably installed in the medical hotel for a the past two days. I am continuing to heal well. Aaron has been an amazing help, but he is out of town right now at a grad-school retreat. My good friend Veronica is coming into town to look after me. We don't see each other nearly as often as we'd like and it will be so great to get some time together.

Not a lot of new news... I'm spending most of my time in bed taking it easy. My pain has lessened, and I'm on a very gradual painkiller taper-down.

Last night I was nerding out online, and found this interesting BBC news story about the surgery I just got. Whoa! I'm glad I didn't see this before I had the surgery. The only thing I don't understand about this clip is that the girl in the story is putting full weight on her leg so soon after surgery. Maybe this was actually two months later and they just didn't explain the time lapse.

Anyway, if you wanna see in graphic detail the amazing surgery I just had, check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t6RWO8uG-g

No comments:

Post a Comment