Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pre-op appointment

Yesterday I went to my pre-op appointment.

It went really well and I am feeling much better about the surgery.

I feel like the staff is 100% competent. The atmosphere of the wing I'll be in is quiet and peaceful. Everything is methodical and unrushed. I will have my own private room with cable television, a direct phone line, and room service.

The surgery will last about 90 minutes.
Anesthesia will not be general anesthesia, but rather deep sedation combined with a spinal block. I will be totally "out cold" and unaware of the surgery, and completely numb throughout my right hip and leg, without the side effects of general anesthesia. I like this.

I will have three people there with me: my mom, my brother Aaron, and my good friend Val, who I consider family. Val is very sweetly offering to do bodywork on me before and after surgery (she is a cranio-sacral and massage therapist.) Could I be any luckier under the circumstances?

Today I bought cute new pj's for the hospital and an ipod touch for my "toy bag."

I'm feeling more and more ready.

Thanks to everyone who is helping and being so sweet to me!

1 comment:

  1. Weapold!!!

    Your hips seem great to us!

    Your tamales,
    Weapold Nano
    and
    Shnizzle Weapold

    Bcc: Weopold Goi

    ReplyDelete