Monday, September 14, 2009

Surgery Tomorrow!

Well, I seem to be maintaining mentally so far. I've been holding it together pretty well, although I did have a spontaneously teary moment about surgery during my lovely dinner date with Arshad last night. He has been a total sweetheart to me during these pre-surgery days and has, among other things, made sure I am well equipped with crucial television series. (Madmen season one and Californication season one.)

Yesterday I took a break from surgery preparations and went to the annual Art Deco Society Gatsby picnic with two scintillating and glamorous ladies, Kirsten and Melissa. Here are some photos of pre-surgery deco-decadence.












Me at Gatsby













Melissa and Kirsten, two ladies who deeply rock my world.







I'm on the plane to Seattle right now. (Virgin America has WiFi.)

Sweet Arshad drove me to the airport in his sweet car this morning:















Next up: Picking up my designer leopard-print crutches at my Seattle PO Box. Checking into the medical hotel. Rendezvousing with my support team. Trying to get in the zone mentally by any means necessary.

2 comments:

  1. When you or Aaron get a chance, you should post an address where we can send you things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK!

    KD
    PO box 4333
    Seattle, WA 98194

    ReplyDelete